Cable fences use cables held at high tension to create a barrier. In general, they are used in areas where additional safety is required, but the property owner wishes to keep the views unobstructed. While it is rare to use them to fence off an entire property, cable fences are an excellent choice for patios, decks, and stairways, offering an elegant, yet modern look for homes and businesses.
Cable Fence Options
While all cable fences are sleek and attractive, there are multiple options you will need to choose from when designing your fence.
- Cable Gauge: This refers to the thickness of the cable. The thicker the cable, the more visible it is, but this also offers a more modern, industrial look. All cable gauges we offer are completely safe, so this is a matter of preference.
- Distance Between Cables: While the cables will have a maximum distance between them for safety, you can decrease this distance to suit your preference.
- Direction of the Cables: While horizontal cables are more common, vertical cables increase the safety, reducing the risk that pets or children will climb them and get hurt.
- Type of Posts: One of the ways you can help your cable fence blend into the overall design of your property is by selecting the right type of posts. We offer both wood and metal posts in a wide variety of designs so you can find the option that best complements the look of your home.
The Benefits of Cable Fences
Knowing the benefits of cable fences is very important before you decide to have one installed. Luckily, there are many pros to having a cable fence. Below are just a few.
- Cable fences provide a beautiful and open view. If you require safety but don’t want to block out your surroundings, cable fences are an excellent solution.
- Bird-Friendly: Unlike glass walls, which birds tend to fly into and get injured, cable fences are both visible and safe for wildlife.
- Minimal Maintenance: Just requires a quick wipe and tension check every now and then.
- Inside and Outside: Cable fences can be used for interior application as well as in exterior spaces. Ask to see some of our staircases we have completed.
- Easy to Customize: Cable fences are essentially made as they are installed, which means you can ask us to modify them in any way you need.
- Visual Effects: Because cable fences do not obstruct your view, they make your outdoor space or room feel expansive. Incredibly Durable: Cable railings can withstand most anything, and the stainless steel cables we use are highly resistant to corrosion.
Choose All Counties Fence and Supply
When you need cable fencing, turn to us. We provide the products and the installation. Our employees listen to you about your wants and needs to help you design the perfect cable fence. We complete each install with care and attention, so you don’t need to worry about future problems. A quality fence is only as strong and reliable as its installation, so rely on All Counties Fence and Supply. With almost 40 years of industry experience, you can count on us to get exactly what you want for your home or business.